On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 10:16:22 -0400 Floyd Thursby via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Well the latest projections have me rethinking my boarding decision
> from yesterday when I put all the plywood away, looks like I need to
> get it out again and start putting it up as Flo might turn south and
> make a coastal run down our way.  And it is huge so we are sure to get
> wind and rain as it meanders.  Fun times...

As the picture of the email I posted just after you shows, there is now a
significant southward bulge in NHC's possible track as it makes landfall,
even to south Georgia.

So, yes, you should board up. May you have strength and help to do it.

It's interesting to manually step through all of the advisories at
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/092830.shtml?gm_track#contents
to see how their predictions progress. I think they are now counting in
the European predictions more.

> On a positive note my buddy and I got our water monitoring probes
> deployed at 3 locations around the Island yesterday evening, set up to
> record data for 15 days every 10 minutes so we will get water depth,
> temp, pH, turbidity, chlorophyll, and salinity. We'll get tidal surge
> data and whatever happens with the water levels and quality from the
> rains.  We have been fighting stupid development decisions that are
> destroying the Island, this will help us with SCIENCE!

Wow, you are prepared! As you might guess, I'm all for the science.
What kind of instruments are you using?

Craig