That's pretty much what was going on at first, but then when the behavior
didn't stop, things got ratcheted up a notch or two

Really in these situations, unless the home deficiencies are addressed,
School discipline and playground self-defense are only temporizing
measures.

In this case, due to the other parents petitioning the school, family was
required to hire a one-to-one shadow for this child. There are apparently
professionals who do this sort of thing. They flew some guy out from New
York who's written a book or something. He was with the kid every day for
at least a couple of months at school. Apparently he laid down the law
pretty hard at the kids home. First thing he did was walk in and take all
the toys. Then he said that the toys would not be given back if any toy was
left out anywhere in the house. It sounds like things were just really
chaotic and undisciplined, and what was needed was a voice of sanity. The
parents picked up on this theme and miraculously the kids Behavior begin to
improve later in the year. He and my son actually became reasonably decent
Playmates toward the end of the school year, which was nice to see.

On Sep 20, 2018 4:12 AM, "Mitch Haley via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>