> On October 2, 2018 at 9:33 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> California has recently changed its law regarding "hazardous materials"
> such that Internet retailers, no matter where they reside, have to flag
> products which contain chemicals California deems hazardous with text
> declaring:
>
>       WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of
>       California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
>       reproductive harm. For more information go to
>       www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

I first learned of Prop 65 when I got a radio control servo with a Prop 65
sticker on it.
"Warning, if you let a pregnant woman eat this device it might cause birth
defects"
So I looked it up on the net, and everything with lead solder in it had to
carry the sticker if you sold it in CA.

What's dumber than a California legislator?
A California voter.

But I'm pretty sure lead bullets don't have to ship as hazmat, as long as any
that pass through CA have the Prop 65 warning on them.
Completed cartridges have long been ORM-D materials, and gunpowder and primers
have long been hazmat. IIRC, UPS demands you ship hazmat primers and hazmat
powder separately so they can charge you two $25 hazmat fees.

A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a one day special, free shipping and free
hazmat on $150 orders. I found out about it as I was getting ready to go to bed
and was NOT prepared to order a bunch of powder and primers. If I'd know in
advance I would have inventoried my supplies and put in a big order to take
advantage of that deal.
Mitch.