Occasionally I see ads for guys who will function as your agent to purchase a car for some flat fee, you see something you like, he buys it, you buy it from him for some markup agreed on.  That would probably be the way to go.

The girl who sold me the $500E300 had a new boyfriend after ejecting the previous a**hole boyfriend, who told me he did that, he was a good ol boy, I thought about getting friendly with him but I think he lived in The Myrt, which is a ways to go.

I think the auto auction in Summerville, which is not far from here, sells to random walk-ins, Max might know.

--FT