Follow up.  Didn't have time to look at car until today, so it sat for about
eight days.  Battery is so low it won't even run the air pump for central
locking system, let alone start the car.  Remove battery, hook up charger, at
the 2 amp setting the charger meter says the battery has almost 90% capacity.
Increase the charging current to ten amps, then the meter rapidly falls to only
25% capacity.

Does this indicate a bad battery?

I'm going to swap in a good fully charged battery, then go for a drive to see
if the weirdness is gone.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC