Frank Martin, the scout in the book I referred to was from WI. (not Patton) As for Patton, it seems there is some evidence that he may have been "put down" by his own gummit. Since the OSI guys are probably dead, we will never know for sure.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 10, 2018 at 8:49 PM
I read the Bill O’Reilly “conspiracy” book about his death recently, and while it was a lot of BS as this is the way O’Reilly pimps his conspiracy books, there were some interesting historical aspects to it. I should have known better, but Patton’s death was always something I wanted to know more about.

I visited his grave when I was in Europe on business some years back. I know my Dad would have been envious had he been alive at the time.

And Patton was from CA. San Marino, I believe.

-D