On the topic of reman. starters: I know that getting one from a McParts is
frowned upon, but I must admit I got one from AutoJoke with a lifetime
warranty. The thing that I noticed tonight is that the solenoid has the name
Bosch stamped on it, and the main starter body has made in Germany, or some
such on it. So it appears to be a rebuilt original equipment unit.

I thought that the much sought after Bosch solenoids could only be found at
the pick & pull.

Brian
83 240D