The '80s ones sure but I don't think the ones from the '90s or newer are any
worse than anything else of the period.
-Curt

    On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 4:21:01 PM EST, Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On 27/11/2018 2:53 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
>  I've driven a few and liked them. We have friends that had a pair of the
>older 2wd wagons that they put on something like 400,000 miles each. They had
>no money so those cars got minimal maintenance. I was very impressed with
>those cars.
> My favorite Subaru is the Forester like Dwight had, late '90s, early 2000s,
> with a 5spd. The newer ones got fat...
> -Curt

Older ones were bad for rusting. Neighbors across the lane from us had a
wagon that slowly rusted away. They have a diesel Golf now and although
it is getting old, still looks pretty good.

RB