Easy fix - get the exhaust system from an earlier or '78 or later one and
replace it. Too true on the injection/intake system, I had to do that on
the '78 SLC. LOTS of custom molded rubber bits that were rock hard and
leaking. Ran great after replacing them all (and the timing chain, guides,
etc.).

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:19 PM Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> All the more reason to avoid.
>
> There are probably 40-50 little pieces of rubber hose in the injection
> system that have aged out and are cracking and ready to fail.  Add to this
> the half-assed pre-cats that were placed in the exhaust just aft of the
> headers and you’ve got a recipe for one major conflagration.  I have seen
> the results of such conditions on more than one occasion, and it’s not
> pretty.
>
> -D
>
> > On Nov 28, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:52:02 -0500 Dan--- via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Worst possible year R107 you can buy.  Major fire hazard.
> >
> >    "Just under $60k miles."
> >

> > Craig

OK Don

for themselves."