My first memory of McD's is from high school. The burgers were far better
than most of the cafeteria food, which cost $0.35. We would get a bunch of
us together, and ride in the school bus that a friend drove to McD's where
we could buy two burgers for $0.31. Better tasting food for less money. The
more affluent of us would splurge for fries and a drink. The rest of us
waited till we got back to school for water.

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 5:07 PM clay monroe via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> We had no franchises were I was a kid.  Had to wait until I got to DC in
> 1973 to see what it was all about.  Baptized with a Big Mac.  The next
> time, I tried the Quarter Pounder with Cheez.  Neither could compare to the
> small town indy burger joint back home.
>

> clay monroe
> redgh...@comcast.net
>

> > On Dec 1, 2018, at 1:48 PM, Mountain Man via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Roger wrote:
> >> Gee guys, me thinks you are become a little snobbish about
> things...picking on McD now.  I've eaten at McD since they only had one
> arch and only walk up service.  Maybe my palate is a little more flexible
> or maybe it hasn't been tainted by "fine dining".  I know we all like what
> we like, but it seems this is another low point to be picking on McD.  Just
> my opinion as usual, your tastes are yours.
> >>

> > Shall we change the tone of this McD thread? - How about recall your
> > first McD visit?  My first McD was a coupon for filet-o-fish so I rode
> > to Forest Park ~1963 on my ~1938 Chicago Schwinn that I still ride.
> > Parkey's hot dogs were also memorable for their fresh fries ($0.10)
> > served in brown paper bag all greasy salted yum.  Also yum was A&P
> > Spanish Bar Cake markdown $0.10 - recipe for A&P Spanish Bar Cake is
> > online.
> > Carry on, guys - Roger has asked for a new tone for the McD thread?
> > ... down memory lane? ... perhaps?
> > tin.man

OK Don

for themselves."