Yes, our kids are getting more interested in replacing the Ikea and Target
junk with real furniture, including the family heirlooms now that they are
getting settled in one place. Most of our furniture in old family stuff,
some dating to the civil war era, which the kids will be getting when we
pass on.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:28 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 11:12:42 -0600 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > We didn't all disagree with you Roger. I also suspect that many
> > of the younger folks will mature to the point where they do start
> > to appreciate the older things. They just need some time to learn
> > that new is not always best.
>
> That's true. They as well need to get in a stable-enough situation
> where they can have a safe place for the older things.
>
> I recall visiting home once when I was in the Air Force. My mom took
> me to a shopping mall in Eugene to select patterns for sterline and
> china. I wasn't very motivated. My attitude has changed over the years.
>
> We do enjoy hosting people for holidays and using our good stuff,
> though we haven't had an opportunity to do that since we have been
> in the process of moving.
>

> Craig

OK Don

for themselves."