I think the first thing you have to determine is how elaborate and detailed you
want to get.  Do you want to be able to post a lot of text with pictures, just
a bunch of pictures in chronological order with some notes or captions, etc.,
etc.?

If you want maximum control and have some technical ability and a place to host
it, WordPress is the way to go.  It involves a fair amount of effort to set up,
but once that’s done it’s relatively easy to maintain.

Wix is a really nice free blogging platform that you can do with minimal effort
or get carried away. It’s especially nice because it’s optimized for mobile
viewing, which is the means by which a lot of people will be looking at your
content these days.

If you just want to post pictures in an album format with small amounts of text
Flikr works well.

I use web editing software for the blogs on my personal web site, so that’s not
really helpful, but it’s an option if you’re so inclined.  A lot of web or HTML
editors for building web sites offer some sort of blog capability, however,
you’ve got to be familiar with the platform and have a moderately high level of
ability to use them.

On a related note, one of the best parts about working with these older cars is
a the provenance.  At least I think it is.  I do my best to document the
provenance of the cars I own when possible.  Sure, some you just don’t get that
level of knowledge, but when possible, it’s really cool to learn the history
behind the car, and it's often a source of enjoyment for the previous
owners,too.  And while my motivation is not for the monetary value, it tends to
add value to the car should you ever decide to sell it.  Kudos for doing this,
I think it’s a really important responsibility for those of us who keep these
cars running.

-D