On Mar 31, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

No, the speedo has to be calibrated to whatever rear end is in the car, has nothing to do with the tranny. On the back of the speedo will be a
sticker that will say k=xxxx, like k=1255, that is the rear end that
that particular speedo is calibrated for.

Really? I never had a problem like this before it seems that just offering different drive gears for the trans would be much more cost effective than having to manufacture and stock different speedos. If I pull the speedo and see these markings how do I decipher what it means and what I need? This just doesn't sound right to me. Gotta get going. Hopefully you can come up with the answer so maybe tomorrow I can at least see what I have.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am