I've only done HDPE (polyethelene) but
http://www.kingplastic.com/tips-for-welding-thermoplastics/ suggests
polypropylene is easy.

-Curt

    On Friday, December 28, 2018, 3:48:50 PM EST, Andrew Strasfogel via
Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Someone abandoned a rather attractive urn-shaped rain barrel which has a
crack in the bottom of the base and won't hold water.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Koolatron-55-Gal-Rain-Barrel-RBSS-55/100670191

The rain barrel is quite well designed, with a convenient threaded drain at
the very bottom that can be attached to a hose, so I would like to use it
if possible.

The barrel is made of  polypropylene  I did a little research and came up
with a Youtube video of a guy repairing a plastic bucket using Rustoleum
Leak Seal with some strips of landscaping cloth.  Unfortunately, the
Koolatron customer service rep was discouraging.  The material they use is
the same as paint can liner, so nothing adheres to it!    All rain barrels
returned to Koolatron with cracks under warranty are replaced rather than
refurbished.

She suggested a plastic welder with a rod of polypropylene might do the
trick.  Anyone had any success withusing a plastic welder on polypropylene?

Andrew