I'm becoming convinced that I'll be replacing a wheel bearing in the future but
not sure which one, yet.  Based on my research, the wheel bearing assembly is a
unit that is just bolted to the knuckle from the inside but it could be a tight
fit.  The job doesn't look hard if the bearing unit isn't seized to the
knuckle; that's a big unknown but this car hasn't seen much winter salt so may
be OK .  The actual part is in the $50-200 range (RockAuto economy to dealer).
I need for the noise to get significantly worse before I can locate the
offending wheel.  Thanks for the help.  I haven't experienced problems with
this type bearing before.