Has anybody got any experience with a 24v to 12v converter?
I'm thinking to switch from 3x 100w 12v solar panels at camp to 3x 250w 24v
panels but we've made great use of the 12v nature of the system and will need
to convert the 24v down. Amazon has a bunch of adapters cheap, like <$20 cheap.
We'll probably need less than 20a capacity...
Thoughts? The other option is to keep adding 100w panels but I hate climbing
around on the slippery metal roof. I'm thinking that with the big panels we'd
be done for a good long time. We'd have to replace the batteries too, as far as
I know using 12v batteries they need to be matched sets but we're talking about
doubling the battery capacity we have now anyway...
-Curt