On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 15:49:22 -0400 archer75--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Luckily someone discovered that R-12 freon was the culprit, and DuPont
> just happened to have a factory ready to make r-134a, so the government
> banned r-12 and saved us from freezing.

Get my boots so I can wade through the sarcasm!

Actually it was the "ozone hole" over the antarctic. Interesting, that
ozone, produced by ultraviolet light from the sun, decreased when it was
dark during the winter ...

You don't hear anything about the "ozone hole" nowadays; it was really
important wasn't it?

> Since global heating is now the problem, it would seem that if we all
> started using R-12 again, the resultant global cooling would solve the
> problem and we wouldn't have to worry about CO2. Gerry

All of this involves money and politics, but nothing related to cooling
and warming.

Craig