I have had a Moto G5 plus for over a year now. I am very satisfied with it, and
it performs what I need it to do flawlessly. It is NOT loaded up with the
bloatware you will find on offerings from Samsung et.al.  It is a little bigger
than I would like, I cannot have it in my shirt pocket and button the pocket. I
think the iPhone SE is a bit smaller, but then you have to contend with the
infrastructure of Apple.

Apple, Google (Android), Amazon (AWS), Facebook....
Yes, they all monitor you... For "marketing" purposes.

Welcome to 1984 a few years late.

Rick