> On April 20, 2019 at 10:08 AM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> I guess. Other than swapping out my old SE for a newer SE a few weeks ago, I
> haven’t changed phones for probably 3-4 years at least. I buy mnine outright
> unlocked and just get a sim card from my carrier. None of that “buy the phone
> on a monthly basis as a part of the plan” garbage.

When Verizon went from 'we'll give you a mid range phone every 24 months, or a
top of the line phone if you wait for Black Friday' to 'with Verizon Edge, you
can have a new phone for only $24.95 a month on top of your monthly service
fees', I thought 'and what's the reason for paying you jerks $60 a month for
the service vs $25-40 to an MVNO?'
(This is for those like my niece who insisted on having the top phone every
couple of years. For me, I generally cared about how small/tough it was and
what the talk quality and signal strength were like, not how well it made a
poor substitute for a computer)

It's been over 12 years since I paid over $25 for a phone, until 3 weeks ago
when I bought my SE for $96+tax with a couple months' service thrown in.

BTW, I finally figured out how to move Vcards from "Files" to "Contacts" on the
SE this morning. But selecting all the Vcards and copying them to Contacts only
makes one contact. If you have a mass Vcard with all your contacts in it, you
can set up the whole bunch in one step. And with a little help from DuckDuckGo,
I found out how to close applications and switch task windows, so I no longer
hate the thing. I'm not convinced it was worth 100 bucks, but it's certainly
worth using now that I have it. Too bad I don't have Carplay, but I can still
put maps on the dash with Android Auto and a non-Apple phone.

Mitch.