Dan,

       I would go for it before someone else.  The car looks great.  The servo
is a 1/2 hour replacement.  If the fan is bad, it's an easy replacement via the
glove box.  Check the front suspension and the rear axles.  It might need a
valve adjustment.  If the power is low, it's probably filters or the overboost
switch gets carboned up.  My 80 300SD has over 425,000 miles and will still
crank up and run although it spends most of its time in the garage these days.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

Good luck and best wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.