uh oh....    Those had the same self destructing wire insulation as the rest of the car.   When I took the original off the E320,  and opened it up, the insulation fell out like dust.

I also put in a used one, and it worked long enough to unload the car. I dislike vergassers for this and a whole host of other reasons.   They stink too.

I had thoughts of trying to rewire the thing until i saw the number of tiny wires and the non-existent space to work in.  I threw it out.