> > Mitch wrote:
> >
> > IIRC, sometimes holes get smaller when the material expands.

> Craig wrote:
>
> I'm sorry, but you do not recall correctly.

Well...

If the hole is a gap between separate pieces the hole usually will
get smaller as the temperature increases.

Or if the edges are held rigid and the material is heated to the
point it is soft so the hole gets "squashed" smaller.

The first does not apply to any spark plug hole in any engine I
have seen, and the second would only be useful when scrapping the
engine...