> Mitch wrote:

> That's what I do, just a little on the threads near the end, but
> not the end threads. But plug manufacturers are generally
> against the idea, except maybe for plugs with black oxide
> coatings. Mitch.

> Tech Bulletin - Anti-Seize Compounds on Spark Plug Threads
>
> Applying anti-seize to the threads of spark plugs that have a
> metal plating allows the installer to mistakenly over-tighten
> the spark plug in the cylinder head;

So the only problem is over tightening - not the anti-seize.

Torque for fasteners is fraught with hazards that will cause over
or under tightening.  One of the most critical applications I know
of is air-cooled aircraft engines.  My memory is that Continental
determined the only way to dependably use a torque wrench for
cylinder bolts wast to have them drenched in oil.  So dry threads
isn't a better just a different set of problems.

Personally, I use anti-seize or grease on practically every
threaded fastener.  And typically torque to about 70% of dry
thread spec.