Point well taken, but with the beater approach I’m not putting anything on this
it doesn’t absolutely need to operate.

Got the IC to fix the radio yesterday, getting out my magnifying bench lamp to
do that. I’m a little concerned about this, but I figure I have nothing to lose
other than the $11 I spent for the IC.

-D