On Fri, 24 May 2019 11:41:29 -0600 Craig <diese...@pisquared.net> wrote:

> Having heard disparaging remarks about HF's electrical tools on this
> list, I decided to read the comments. One had me laughing out loud,
> the comment of CJK on 13 May 2019:
>
>       Cheap enough to have 10 on hand
>
>       I buy these because they are dirt cheap. I like to have several
>       on hand. 1 for cutting 1 for grinding 1 for a hot spare when
>       1 of the other 2 start smoking.

Runner-ups are:

      Great Value

      We have several right angle grinders from this 4.3 amp model
      up to a 7” Makita. All have their purpose. Just use this grinder
      accordingly and it will last a long time. Very useful for light
      steel cutting and brushing. We have several of these light weight
      grinders that we use for brushing welds. We keep at least two set
      up at each station and swap between them to not overheat them.
      Works great for the price.

      TSSRA, 11 May 2019

      Great for light use

      Used with a cutting wheel and worked perfect. Will it last?
      Well it made it past the first week of use. Time will tell

      Bryan, 29 Apr 2019

      Worth every penny

      My grinder burned up 72 hours after buying it. The tool worked
      hard before burning up with about 12 hours of work. I returned
      it to the store and they replaced it with "ZERO" hassle. The
      replacement works just fine.

      John B., 25 Apr 2019

      So cheap, you might not need the wrench!

      This grinder is really cheap. If you burn it up, buy a good one
      from a name brand supplier. I use mine to avoid lost time changing
      cutting wheels and for lending out to protect my Milwaukee.

      BCVolkert, 14 Apr 2019

      It's my son's, but I'm gonna borrow it...

      I saw a guy do the most amazing thing with his the other day.
      He wanted to shave a little bit off the hand wheel/ balance wheel
      he was putting on an old [sewing] machine. It wasn't an official
      replacement, and it interfered with the inner clutch release handle.
      He doesn't have a machine shop, so he tilted his angle grinder to
      the side, and stepped on the speed controller for the sewing
      machine. When the hand wheel was spinning, he used the angle grinder
      to just grind a tiny bit off the inner edge of the wheel. Mind
      blown. It just opens up so many possibilities when you think outside
      the box! NOTE: NOT A RECOMMENDED USE OF THE TOOL. IF YOU TRY IT,
      YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, LIABILITY WISE.

      Daredevil, 12 Apr 2019

      This is the one to GET!!

      Small light weight cleared my honeydew list in a week and it was
      fun!! Happy wife happy life-

      Jason, 10 Apr 2019

Craig