I bought one of those 10 or 15 years ago - used it to cut a lot of steel
and some wood.  It finally died last year - the worm gear that turns the
reciprocating mechanism stripped. Replaced it with another one - we'll see
how it goes.

I did have a 1/2" HF drill that I tried to use to mix floor leveling cement
with - it burst into flames in my hands! Replaced it with a Porter cable
1/2" drill, and it mixed many a bag of cement, etc. without complaining at
all, and is still going, so yes, it often pays to buy a decent tool.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 4:03 PM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I bought one of the $20 recip saws a few years back, was $20 then too!
> That thing refuses to die, and I have abused it.  It surprises me
> greatly.  I did have to replace one of the allen screws that holds the
> saw guard and do a bit of a mod but that was nothing.
>
> --FT
>
> On 5/24/19 1:41 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> > I just got an email from HF about their
> >
> >       ★ MEMORIAL DAY ★ 4 Day Sale ★ Starts Today★
> >
> > One of the items on sale is their 4-1/2 in. 4.3 Amp Angle Grinder
> >

> https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-Amp-Angle-Grinder-69645.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDAyNjQ0NjQiLCJza3UiOiI2OTY0NSIsImlzIjoiOS45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiI5MDQ4In0%3D%0D%0A&utm_source=1021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2119b_memorialday_engaged&cid=mEmail_s1021_c2119b_memorialday_engaged&lid=55,259,045
> >
> > for just $9.99.
> >
> > Having heard disparaging remarks about HF's electrical tools on this
> > list, I decided to read the comments. One had me laughing out loud,
> > the comment of CJK on 13 May 2019:
> >
> >        Cheap enough to have 10 on hand
> >
> >        I buy these because they are dirt cheap. I like to have several
> >        on hand. 1 for cutting 1 for grinding 1 for a hot spare when
> >        1 of the other 2 start smoking.
> >

> > Craig

> --
> --FT