Hi:

Just received a request from the DIL in Honolulu:

She asks:

___________________________

<< Hi Dad,

I am looking into possibly trading in my car for a SUV. I realized that I would
prefer an SUV that will be more reliable than my Hyundai as I think I made a
bad decision "settling" for a cheaper car.  I owe 12k on my Hyundai and do not
want to keep paying for it if I don't foresee myself keeping it long term. I'm
thinking an older used Mercedes. These are the 2 that I am considering - Which
would you go for?

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK 350 4Matic Sport Utility 4D

74,860 Miles

VIN= WDCGG8HB7AF458626

V6, 3.5 Liter

16MPG CITY, 21 HWY

$13,495

OR

2011 Mercedes-Benz ML 350 4Matic Sport Utility 4D

92,259 Miles

VIN= 4JGBB8GB5BA706799

V6, 3.5 Liter

$12,995

I want a 4WD and I want a backup camera. The 2011 has both - do you think it
would be expensive to add a backup camera to a vehicle?

I'm test driving both tomorrow after some appointments. Let me know your
thoughts.

Thank you!!!! >>

She does not do DIY repair, and my son may be at sea (USCG cutter crew ) so a
recommendation for a good indie would help. Any thoughts on these models?