Waytago!

Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes wrote on 6/2/19 9:17 PM:
I took The G-man’s advice and did some shade tree redneck body work on the
$500E500 to pull the rear fender out so I could get the car off the trailer.

Pulled the trailer to get the rear wheel even with a big pine tree, wrapped a
log chain around it, and hooked the come along to it. Jacked up the side of the
car to get some clearance. Put a 2x4 block on the back of the fender, a small
block on the front and clamped it with a big 8” c-clamp. Hooked the other end
of the come-along to the clamp and started cranking. Pulled it right out. Moved
it over a bit and pulled again to even it out a bit. It worked! Thank you so
much for that advice!

Dropped the car back down and tires cleared well though it is fully slammed and
I think the tire is rubbing on the top. But I managed to drive it off the car
so that was good.

I hit the suspension raise button and the LF pumped up but I could hear hissing
so I’m thinking air is leaking out there. None of the other wheels raised at
all. Will have to raise it up and get under it.

Smelled coolant so popped the hood and looked around. A radiator hose is
rubbing against the alternator pulley. Hmmm. Collapsed engine mount?

--R