yes.   Several times I didn't rush on a big project, but let the ideas simmer, and in the end, the product was significantly better than the original plan.  Moving a garage in 1977 is one of those projects. Straightening basement walls is a couple others.   I've done 2 of those now, and it is a one man job once you dig up around the outside.  But is is still way cheaper than putting in the anchors, or the braces or other solutions.  An old carpenter told me the trick.  In the end, you get a dry, insulated basement that is tight and significantly warmer in the winter as a bonus.  Lotsa smaller projects, i apparently put off, but the delay allowed gestation of better ideas.