> On July 18, 2019 at 1:11 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> Around here, the engine of choice for a Metropolitan is or at least was,
> a little 4 cylinder Datsun motor. I assume they put the whole engine and
> transmission set up in.

Interesting idea.
IIRC, the 1200, 510,610,710, and B210 were all RWD, so you'd just need to deal
with motor mounts, shift linkage and driveshaft.

The 1980 Mazda GLC/323 was about the end of RWD economy cars in the USA.

If it weren't for all the LUV and P'up owners buying up the engines, a diesel
Chevette would have made a decent, if low powered, donor for a Metro.