I would sort of take exception to this….

I say that because you don’t have to bring the vehicle in to the dealer to get
a replacement key, you just have to show ownership. A title and your driver’s
license is all that’s necessary. I would say registration, but if you parted
the car you wouldn’t have a current registration. You could easily hang on to
the title and use it indefinitely.

-D