To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Timing chain troubles on 300d

well damb!

So what would be your advice if this was tried with
the tensioner in.

I suspect I've done a doosy on this!!!!! lord....
Trial by fire, will make me a desiel mechanic yet!

zoiks!

--- Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hue wong wrote:
> So we just pulled the new timing chian from rusty
> through following the procedure outlined in the
> book(s) and darned it, it seems one link short.
>
> Now I'm all freaked out.  Did I somehow miss a
> sprocket in there?  could it be the chain
tensioner
> pushing to hard?  I'm completly at loss as to what
> do next or how to correct this problem.
>
> It sure looked like we had super tension on the
chain
> the entire time, but I'm at a loss as to what to
do
> next..  not sure how to "correct this problme (but
> suspect I will not like the anwser)

The tensioner MUST be removed while pulling the
chain. The tensioner
goes in AFTER the chain is pulled, attached and
peened over.

Marshall
--
  Marshall Booth (who doesn't respond to unsigned
questions)

http://mail.yahoo.com