Andrew wrote:
> On a related (serious) topic, can someone recommend an effective and
> affordable BURR coffee grinder that creates a COARSE grind for my French
> press?

It used to be that vintage manual grinders showed up online.  Not many
old names online anymore.  Here are a few:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233304859189
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183908175139
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392368316618
Electric from Italy - probably not for French Press Coarse:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/303238372187
https://www.ebay.it/itm/264404685612
Max helped me years ago obtain one of the Italy QuickMill grinders
since he was traveling there - thanks Max.  Yes, a transformer needed
to be found - a nice Swiss transformer.  If an item says Chine/China -
it does not exist.
tin