rumor has it that Kaleb wrote:

> Do you have to use different hoses?  Was reading up on it and some
> people are saying that you need different hoses because it has R22 in
> it.  Freeze12 is R134 mixed with I think 142 or something like that.
>
> Fmiser wrote:
> > At some time fairly close to Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:23:13 -0500,
> > rumor has it that Kaleb wrote:
> >

> >>Ok, so whats the best alternative to R12 rather than converting to 134?

> > R-406A, Autofrost.
> >
> > Engineered to be a R-12 topoff, but EPA won't allow that.
> >
> > I've been using it in my rear-A/C equiped Suburban for about 6 years now.

Nope. Same hoses, orifice, condenser, and evaporator. No high-pressure
cutout switch needed 'cause the temp/pressure curve is quite close to
R-12. Use the same service hoses and gauges as R-12. The only thing I
changed on the car was the dryer.

It does weigh a bit less, so my 25lb cylinder of 406A is equivalent to
a 30lb cylinder of R-12.

--
      Philip, not a true expert, just been there.