On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 00:15:15 -0500 Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Would it be easier to install 4 speed, flywheel. pedals and
> driveshaft?   Having salvaged the petals from Mao's 240D, I can attest
> that it is not easy to swap petals, and the clutch master.  I'm
> thinking it will be less labor to reseal the 722.3 than to try to
> convert to manual.

Having done the conversion from automatic to manual with parts I removed
from a junkyard manual transmission car, I can say it is not difficult,
but does take a fairly long time to complete all the steps.

It indeed will be less labor to reseal the 722.3.

As a semi-related note, I have found having automatic transmissions in
our 4-wheelers to be helpful when I drive our Kenworth with its 13-speed
unsynchronized transmission -- I don't have to change between two
different clutches and their different adjustments.

Craig