On 04/09/2019 12:32 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 11:42:32 -0500 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I guess, I had better get to work on it and make it more useful. I
still have not changed out the fuel shut-off doodad and I am tired of
opening the hood every time I stop.
When you get the part and before you replace it, check with the guys on
this List!

It can be installed incorrectly so as to give the engine full throttle
without any way (except cutting off the air) to stop it.

Craig

I have had the part for at least 2 years and I have watched a complete install thread with lots of photos, so yes, I know one must engage the spring in order to ensure the engine does not take off on a wild tear. I may pull the hose off of the intake and have a board handy to hold over the end of the intake manifold just to be on the safe side. Belt and Suspenders sort of guy.

Randy