Yours may not be equipped as my 78 was, but mine had a rod running across the Valve Cover then to the R. side of the tranny .  at the tranny end (or perhaps behind the engine/over the tranny there is a pressed in bushing which can make for very sloppy shifting.  It's hard to get to but easy to press in.  But it is may not be a problem on yours. I had trouble finding this part and ended up calling MB Classic who provided it without any trouble.  You can have it if needed..

BTW, you will have to be persistent with Sun Valley.  I put one of their ATs in and it took many emails for them to respond to my problem.

Larry