The valve isn't really fragile, but it won't tolerate abuse, and unlike the 123
valve, the 124/201 valve can't be rebuilt.

If the spheres are totally flat, you apparently need to unhook the linkage and
move the valve to the drain position to drive the car.
I needed to relocate the 16v after the spheres died, so I let the rear tires
down to 20 psi and drove slowly. Now it sits low and won't pump up. My fault.

Mitch.