On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 16:26:04 -0500 OK Don via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> What Rick said - I want a backyard thorium reactor/generator.
>
> On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 4:17 PM Rick Knoble via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > >The only true "clean" alternate energy source at the present time is
> >
> > Thorium.
> >
> > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power

I would like a backyard thorium reactor/generator, too.

Note, however, that I said "at the present time".

From Rick's reference above,

    Possible disadvantages

    Some experts note possible specific disadvantages of thorium
    nuclear power:

      * Significant and expensive testing, analysis and licensing work
        is first required, requiring business and government support.[16]
        In a 2012 report on the use of thorium fuel with existing
        water-cooled reactors, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
        suggested that it would "require too great an investment and
        provide no clear payoff", and that "from the utilities’ point of
        view, the only legitimate driver capable of motivating pursuit of
        thorium is economics". [29]

      16. http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf62.html#References , World
          Nuclear Association

      29. Nelson, Andrew T. (Sep–Oct 2012). "Thorium: Not a near-term
          commercial nuclear fuel". Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
          68 (5): 33 – 44. doi:10.1177/0096340212459125.

Craig