On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 10:33:06 -0700 Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The 240D automatic we had for a short time was just about the slowest
> vehicle I've ever driven, even a bit slower than the 1960 Falcon I
> learned to drive in.  It takes a different mindset, that's for sure.
>
> Our W115 200D (manny) kicked its ass, and though it had _less_
> horsepower it was infinitely more drivable.  And certainly a lot more
> snappy, though both had about the same top speed.  There's just
> something seriously wrong with that particular engine/tranny mating in
> the 240D.

When our '240D/3.0 was in that configuration (before the automatic
transmission broke most thoroughly deep inside), I found rowing the
gearshift lever appropriately to speed up the vehicle considerably
by taking it well toward redline in each gear.

Craig