DO NOT SAND BLAST

the wheels are cast, soft, and have voids that will be exposed under that
intense abrasive action.  Soda blasting is about as vigorous as I would
attempt.  Best to completely wash and remove the old finish by hand with a
chemical stripper or sanding paper.  Get it fresh and smooth, then you could
use body fillers to adjust any micro damage.  Give that a finish sand and prep
it for primer coats.  AT that point a rattle can or hvlp gun application of
paint and clear and be done.

clay