On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 14:48:47 -0400 (EDT) Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Wow, I don't think I ever saw a mass launch that big at Battle Creek.

The Abuquerque Balloon Fiesta is a big deal and has international
participants. (BTW, I think I did not get a picture of all of the mass
launch because not all of the balloons got off a once and I took the
pictures on one of the middle days of the Fiesta and not the initial
day or the grand finale.)

> Had a couple balloons land in my parents' cow pasture in the 90s, and
> more that went by low and hit the burners. Hot air balloon burners
> scare cattle pretty bad.

That sounds horrible. I wonder if one can do anything about it.

> Is ABQ always gas balloons?

I think the vast majority of the balloons at the Balloon Fiesta are hot
air balloons and not gas (helium or hydrogen) balloons. One can certainly
hear the burners operating when the balloon goes overhead.

Craig