speaking pf DVR, one thing I dislike about  Dish is the format they use to record stuff on the Recorder.  I'm told there is no way tp convert the  Dish format to anything that can be used on more traditional formats.  I like to record some stuff (like LeMans) but unless I am committed to Dish, keeping recordings is not likely.  Other than that, Dish has been pretty good except for the ocassional streaming interruptions which are usually less than 2 or 3 seconds.   When it gets wiindy we often have interruptions - I assume the dish is shaking or something.

Has anyone had luck with OTA (over the air) antenna's?
  Maps of local coverage looks promising.

Larry