Rick,

YouTube TV is a subscription service that costs $50/month. It carries many of
the major cable networks as well as your local stations, at least the network
affiliates. You use a streaming device like an AppleTV, Roku or Amazon
Firestick to access it on your TV or computer using their application.

The DVR function is built into their application. For instance, I just searched
for Family Guy and told it I want all new episodes recorded for the season. You
can also watch a fair amount of stuff on demand as well.

I bought a refurbished “Tablo” OTA DVR box for about $75. Using an HDTV antenna
and an external hard drive, it will record any of our OTA stations for me. It
has a subscription service that’s $5/month for the scheduling, which you would
need for the DVR function. Without the hard drive you can still watch OTA
stations, but not record them.

https://www.tablotv.com/ <https://www.tablotv.com/>

-D