At least today I am….

Did the injector reseal on #3 and #4 on the the W221, both of which were
bubbling slightly. Fairly easy with the injector slide hammer to pull the
injectors. The seats hadn’t been cut in years, which was probably why they were
leaking. It took me a while to cut the seats flat, but I got it done.

Tightening the stretch bolts was scary. I got a 90 degree turn first and maybe
45 degrees (spec is two 90 degree turns) on the second before I chickened out.
With freshly cut seats and new copper washers I’m pretty confident they’re
sealing well. A test drive yielded no leakage afterwards, so we should be  good.

As a bonus, I was poking around for the glow plug controller in anticipation of
having to replace it and found that the big B+ connector was disconnected. I
plugged it back in and it appears that we were getting glow plugs bases on the
light. Tomorrow morning will tell for sure with a stone cold start.

I have been losing sleep over this job, paranoid that something was going to
break like a hold down bolt and I would have a major repair job on my hands. I
followed the book and made sure everything was done as described and all went
well - as it should have.

Ahhhhh.

Dan