Then don’t come to Florida, as the majority of newer communities are “deed
restricted”, as in having an HOA.

The area I live in consists of two very distinct groups of neighborhoods
bisected by a major thoroughfare. The western half was built out in the mid to
late 1980s. The eastern half, where I live, started in the late 1980s and my
neighborhood was one of the last to be built out in the late 1990s.

The western (older) part did not have HOA or deed restrictions. Some of the
neighborhoods in the western part of the newer (eastern) section did not have
HOAs.

You can drive through and tell what communities have them and which ones don’t.
That’s all I have to say. To each his or her own, of course. Given the choice I
would rather live in a rural area like you and have a decent sized piece of
land I could do whatever I want on. Not my choice.

-D