On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 12:40:55 -0700 Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Has anyone on this list ever actually done a drivetrain swap? I'm
> thinking there is far too much common sense around here for that.

I changed a 240D with an automatic transmission
       to a 300D (NA) with a manual transmission

when I was in grad school and the automatic transmission broke most
severely deep inside. I decided to change the vehicle instead of
spending $2500 on a rebuilt transmission.

I changed the differential, the half-shafts, the drive shaft, the
transmission, the flex plate to a flywheel with clutch, the engine,
the radiator, all four brake calipers, added a clutch pedal assembly
with master and slave cylinders, and probably other stuff I don't
remember at this moment.

Craig