Nah. Just have to rinse them good with water. I couldn't even get the light smoke to ignite. I think it was mostly steam from the water drying up.

Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
Brazing diesel tanks is not safe, either.  I've done it, and it sucks.
My secret was to stuff a hose from the exhaust pipe of the lawn mower
into the filler neck.  The fumes going into the tank wouldn't burn, but the
ones coming out the pinholes would light like little candles.  Scary.

-- Jim