eBay and PayPal favor the buyer in almost every situation, which is good for
you *if* you’re the buyer. If you’re the seller, you’re screwed almost.

I sold a laptop a few years ago and the seller got seller’s remorse almost
three months after they took delivery. Said they wanted to return it as it was
“defective”. I told them that if they returned it to me I would consider a
refund as long as it hadn’t been abused. They went dark.

A day or two later I got an email from PayPal saying they were going to debit
my account for the computer. I told them to stuff it. Since I use a blind bank
account to fund my PayPal payments and purchases and I keep like $5 in the
account so the bank won’t close it, they took that but got nothing more. They
emailed and even called me. I told them I wouldn’t refund a dime until I got
the computer back, and provided a copy of the email I had sent the buyer
stating so.

They suspended my account. Big deal.

About six months later I tried using it and it was active again. I’ve used it
since and there’s never been a peep out of them.

Jerks.

-D