I don't think so, the display in the dash shows it to be in "P" so that should be OK.

I got the radio code from MBUSA and got the radio to come alive so that is some small progress.

I tried to crank it again and got another Start Error msg.  Could not hear the starter solenoid clunk.  I am thinking the other battery I put in might not be up to the job either even though I had used it on another car and it started it up, I am charging up another one I'll try tomorrow.  I might need to break down and go buy a new battery if the one that came in it is actually bad, probably should put it in the E320 anyway as the one I swapped into that car was from the $500E300, not sure how old it was though it cranks fine.  I might have bought that one like a year ago for the $500E300, I can't remember.  I can try that one too. I should go to HF and get one of those cheap battery testers maybe.

I managed to decode the date on the battery that was in the vehicle, June 2019,  near as I can decipher.  Looks pretty new, 30month full warranty.  I'll put it on the charger again then take it to the FLAPS and have them check it.  If it is good there must some other issue in the connections that aren't showing up in the scans.  Maybe as Max suggested the starter might be kaput.  Hmmm.

Tomorrow if I get some time in the daylight I'll get under and see if the ground strap and starter cables are all in ordnung.

Oh, and it dropped 30F since I was out earlier around lunchtime fooling with it, getting chilly and damp out there.

Ah the fun...

--FT